Kabasura Kudineer Chooranam
‘Kaba’ means Kapha Dosha and ‘Asura’ refers to the one that helps to reduce the problems caused by Kapha Dosha. Kapha Dosha is known to cause respiratory problems such as cough, cold, flu, fever, and breathing difficulty. Kudineer means concoction or decoction. Hence, Kabasura Kudineer is a herbal formulation to balance the Kapha Dosha and bring relief from the symptoms of Kapha Dosha.
Kabasura Kudineer is primarily used for:
- Reducing the symptoms of flu, respiratory problems, and different types of fever.
- Kabasura Kudineer was used for the management of Swine flu outbreak and is one of the widely prescribed herbal medicine for relief from flu symptoms.
- Kabasura Kudineer Chooranam is recommended by the Siddha practitioner and Ministry of Ayush, Government of India for the prevention and treatment of COVID-19 symptoms.
Ingredients & Benefits Of Kabasura Kudineer Chooranam
As per the Siddha Formulary of India, Kabasura Kudineer Chooranam contains the following 15 herbal plants in equal proportion:
- Adathodai (Adathoda vasica) – Treats upper respiratory infections and asthma
- Seenthil (Tinospora cordifolia) – Antipyretic and immunomodulatory effects
- Akkirakaram (Anacyclus pyrethrum) – Heals mouth ulcers, sore throat, cough and ailments due to high Vata dosha
- Karpura valli (Coleus amboinicus) – Relieves common cold & cough
- Kottam (Saussurea lappa) – Treat respiratory disorders, gout & skin diseases
- Tippili (Piper longum) – Treat indigestion, asthma & cough
- Cukku (Zingiber officinale) – Promotes digestion & beneficial in treating asthma
- Ilavankam (Syzigium aromaticum) – Kills the bacteria and promotes liver health
- Vattatiruppi (Cissampelos pariera) – Cures fever and intestinal worms
- Ciru tekku (Clerodendrum serratum) – Treats allergic rhinitis, asthma & inflammatory conditions
- Nilavembu (Andrographis paniculata) – Reduces body temperaturs & promotes liver detoxification
- Katukkay (Terminalia chebula) – Treats sore throat and allergies
- Koraikilangu (Cyperus rotandus) – Reduces fever and burning sensation
- Cirukancori (Tragia involucrata) – Treats hemorrhoids
- Mulli (Hygrophila auriculata) – Treats jaundice, abdominal distention and urinary infections
Dosage, Preparation & Intake Of Kabasura Kudineer
- Kabasura Kudineer Chooranam is prepared as a Kashaya or concoction.
- 5 g of the Kabasura Kudineer Chooranam is mixed with 300ml of water and boiled till it reduces to 30 ml. This decoction is taken twice a day or as directed by the physician.
Side Effects Of Kabasura Kudineer
There are no reported side effects of Kabasura Kudineer. However, it is recommended to be taken under medical supervision.